- A COMFORTABLE SEAT: A plush seat and open rider triangle (bar/seat/pegs) teams up with the suspension to really treat you right. Superior ergonomics have always been a Honda priority, and the Rancher is no exception. With thick, durable foam, it’s exceptionally comfortable.
- FRONT AND REAR CARGO RACKS: The Rancher’s racks feature strong steel construction and a large flat area. Better still, they’re designed so it’s easy to attach and remove cargo boxes and other accessories in our Honda Pro-Connect™ line, adding to your Rancher’s versatility.
- 1.9-LITER FRONT UTILITY BOX: The perfect size for small items you want to access quickly—like a cell phone, GPS, or a spare pair of gloves.
- ELECTRONIC REVERSE: Available on our Automatic DCT models, this single lever is convenient and easy to operate. It’s especially useful when you have to shift from forward to reverse repeatedly, like when you’re plowing snow.
- EXTEND YOUR WARRANTY COVERAGE: Your new Honda already comes with a great warranty, and a world-famous reputation for durability, reliability, and build quality. But if you’d like to extend your warranty coverage, make sure to check out our HondaCare Protection Plans.
- AUTOMATIC DCT: The Rancher’s Honda Automatic DCT transmission offers strong internals, fast shifts, excellent control, true compression-braking capability, and an automatic program that upshifts and downshifts while you concentrate on riding. It’s one of the best available choices you can make.
- DIGITAL INSTRUMENTS: Easy to read and full of the information you want. In addition to the standard gear position indicator, speedometer, odometer, trip meter, and hour meter—you get readouts for fuel level, clock, coolant temperature, speed and Honda’s “maintenance minder” system (to help remind you when it’s time to have your ATV serviced). Comes with all Ranchers except the base model.
- IN-TANK FUEL PUMP: The Rancher incorporates an in-tank fuel pump for cooler pump operation, and long pump life.
- LONGITUDINAL ENGINE LAYOUT: By orienting the crankshaft front to back in the chassis in our ATV and side-by-side engines, we route the flow of power straight to the wheels without any unnecessary right-angle detours, reducing powertrain friction and putting more grunt to the ground.
- SEMI-DRY-SUMP ENGINE DESIGN: Compact and lighter-weight, the Rancher’s overhead-valve, semi-dry-sump design creates an engine that’s shorter from top to bottom. That returns two big benefits: it enhances handling by lowering the engine’s center of gravity, and it also allows for better ground clearance.
- TRAXLOK® SELECTABLE 2WD/4WD: Our rock-solid system lets you choose either 2WD or 4WD instantly, giving you the freedom to choose between lighter steering (in 2WD) and maximizing available traction (in 4WD) when you need it most.
- WIDE FRONT DRIVESHAFT GUARDS: Designed to add even more coverage to the Rancher’s front axles and outboard CV joints, the driveshaft guards are another example of how Honda engineers sweat the small details to give you one of the best ATVs on the planet.
- HONDA QUALITY: In addition to all the features that show up on a spec chart, your new Honda Rancher offers something nobody else can match: Honda’s well-deserved reputation for quality, superior engineering, and long-term reliability. It’s part of everything we do. You have plenty of choices, but when you choose a Honda, you’re can rest assured that you’re getting the best.
- AVAILABLE ELECTRIC POWER STEERING (EPS): Both speed- and torque-sensitive, Honda’s Electric Power Steering (on Rancher EPS models) excels at reducing steering effort and kickback through the handlebar. It’s a big help when riding in ruts, over rocks or on long sidehills. A specially engineered mounting system for the EPS unit increases strength and rigidity.
- SHAFT DRIVE: Clean, efficient, proven, low-maintenance. Shaft drive is the perfect choice for a machine like this, and for riders who pile on the miles. You never have to worry about lubrication or adjustment out on the trail.
- SWINGARM REAR SUSPENSION: On select Rancher models, the rear swingarm incorporates an enclosed, solid-axle design for strength and rigidity. When you need to tow a heavy load, the swingarm eliminates rear suspension squat as the load is placed on the axle itself, not on the rear shock.
- PROGRAMMED FUEL INJECTION: Being able to count on crisp performance and starting under any conditions is a must for anyone who depends on their ATV. Thanks to Honda Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)—featuring a 34mm throttle body, 12-hole injector, and an oxygen sensor that allows the fuel mapping to instantaneously adjust to any riding condition—the Rancher not only ensures trouble-free operation in the cold and at varying altitudes, it reduces emissions and enhances fuel efficiency.
- HONDA PHANTOM CAMO®: A favorite option for many riders, our exclusive Honda Phantom Camo® is a treatment that helps your ATV blend in to a wide range of environments.